9/22/2019

Mapping and Deliniating - Watersheds of Kailua



To create awareness of a watershed, 

You must first introduce it! 

So, this is my very first blogpost. For the course, but also for myself. If you asked me if I ever thought I would be blogging anything, I would have said no. But here I am, on an online platform to create awareness for my choice of Watershed.


I fell deeply in love with Kawainui Marsh land the first time I walked at the trail through the area. 

With beautiful Olomana (a trail known for its deadly three peaks)
in front of me, Coconut Grove - the Northwest neighbourhood of Kailua at my left, and the Kawainui Marshland on my right. Further south of Olomana, to the left - lies Maunawilli Valley and Stream who is main contributor to the wetland of Kawainui. 

At first, I will make sure to map out and delineate the areas for a deeper understanding of it. This watershed in itself have had such a long and important historical value for the entire area, but more about this in one of the next post. 

The technical stuff

I will start by presenting my technic. To create it, I made use of a combination My maps (Google) importing them in Microsoft Powerpoint, and created layers using the Powerpoint tools section. Unfortunately I am not educated in the more cool ARC GIS programs, and so you must all have that in mind, when you explore my presentation. Hopefully, I will get in touch with it soon.


The Presentation

I present in slides, since it was my intention to present it as a slideshow. However, since Blogger (on Google) does not allow me to upload slideshows, I post every slide instead (14 slides to come).

Here we go




No comments:

Post a Comment

When you submit a comment, please do so in a respectful manner. This is a study zone, intended for the purpose of enhancing my knowledge and skills.